The Ten Virtues of Koh | Japanese History
The Ten Virtues of Koh are a set of transcriptions regarding the qualities and benefits of koh (incense) which were written by Japanese monks in the fifteenth century. These phrases are thought to be an accurate portrayal of the simplistic nature of traditional Japanese art.
The Ten Virtues of Koh
- It brings communication with the transcendent.
- It refreshes mind and body.
- It removes impurity.
- It brings alertness.
- It is a companion in solitude.
- In the midst of busy affairs, it brings a moment of peace.
- When it is plentiful, one never tires of it.
- When there is little, still one is satisfied.
- Age does not change its efficacy.
- Used everyday, it does no harm.
Thanks for reading.
– Vienna Imports
This is a guest post by Vienna Imports.
If you are interested in contributing an article to our website, you may view our guest posting guidelines at the link below:
Culture Exchange – Write For Us