Dhuni is an old incense brand created by a man called Piers who found a wonderful incense manufacturer while on a trip to India in 2010. He saw a market for such quality incense in the UK and began to sell it there, as noted by this press release. In 2011, he supplied some samples to ORS (Olfactory Rescue Service) and apparently they really liked them and put them in their ‘Hall of Fame’. Later in 2013, the company was sold to Happy Hari’s, who ceased operations a couple years later. Happy Hari, unfortunately, has since passed on.
You used to be able to buy Dhuni incense at his website dhuni.co.uk, which no longer exists, but you can still see what the website used to look like by viewing their archive.org page here.
Their website used to say:
Dhuni incense has been an intense labor of love from start to finish. As long term travelers to India we spent years scouring the heartland for incenses of all types, always coming close but never truly discovering something we felt was the real deal, an incense that would capture the very essence of a long tradition, now almost extinct in India. Finally, one unlikely day, the Eureka moment arrived. Sitting on a non descript street sipping chai we smelt the first waft of an incense that seemed too good to be true: woody, utterly pure and natural, a magical near mystical blend of oils, ground resins, fragrant botanicals and more. Instantly, we set about finding the origin and the rest…. is history.
- Luxurious hand rolled natural incense sticks from India
- Blended by a legendary Indian master incense maker
- Entirely handmade through every aspect of the process
- No chemicals or glues of any kind
- Sumptuous blends conveying the essence of traditional Indian agarbatti
- Perhaps the last true artisan incense still being produced
- Excellent customer service and shipping options
- Quite simply the most extraordinary olfactory experience of your life