Below is a list of recommended Buddhist resources and websites.
We may add to this list as we see fit.
- Access to Insight – Access to Insight is an online resource dedicated to providing factual information regarding the practice of Theravada Buddhism. Here you will find many resources and publications you may free of charge. This is one of the best places to find Theravada texts online.
- Himalayan Art – Himalayan Art features a vast collection of over 1,500 unique pieces of artwork from Tibet, Nepal, India, China, Mongolia, and Bhutan. Their collection has been collected and reproduced from museums, universities, and private collections from around the world. They also publish photos of Himalayan artifacts. This website really is one of a kind.
- The Alan Watts Electronic University – Alan Watts was a widely respected author and speaker on Zen Buddhism. He is well known for comparing Eastern and Western philosophy. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1973 but much of his work lives on. This site is ran by his son Mark Watts.
- Quiet Mountain – Quiet Mountain is an online resource dedicated to Tibetan Buddhism.
- The Dalai Lama – This is the Dalai Lama’s website. Here you can find news about recent events concerning his lineage.