The Ten Virtues of Koh are a set of transcriptions regarding the qualities and benefits of koh (incense) which were written by Japanese monks in the fifteenth century.
These phrases are thought to be an accurate portrayal of the simplistic nature of traditional Japanese art.
The Ten Virtues of Koh
- It brings communication with the transcendent.
- It refreshes mind and body.
- It removes impurity.
- It brings alertness.
- It is a companion in solitude.
- In the midst of busy affairs, it brings a moment of peace.
- When it is plentiful, one never tires of it.
- When there is little, still one is satisfied.
- Age does not change its efficacy.
- Used everyday, it does no harm.