Jiwon’s famous hot korean chicken flambe recipe is now available online for you to use.
This recipe incorporates traditional Korean flavors including chili peppers, ginger, cloves, scallions, and soy sauce to give you an authentic flavor.
10 grated garlic cloves
1 & 1/2 tablespoon ginger, grated
½ cup Korean hot pepper flakes
2 tablespoon ground Thai chili flakes
2 tablespoon gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
1 teaspoons Korean soy sauce
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
¼ cup agave
¼ cup water
Add salt & pepper according to your personal preference.
2 pounds cubed chicken thighs
4 ounces rice cake squares
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/6 cup scallions
White sesame seeds
2 ounces soju
Oil for your frying pan
- Take your sauce ingredients and mix them into a bowl. You may then toss your chicken into the sauce.
- Add the oil into a pan and heat it up. You may then add the chicken and sauce. Cook this for about 5 minutes while stirring.
- You may then cover your pan and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on medium high.
- After this is completed, uncover your pan and stir in your rice cakes. Cover the pan back up and cook the rice cakes until they are stretchy.
- You may then top your dish with your mozzarella cheese and broil until slightly charred.
- Take a small saucepan and heat your soju for 1 minute. Once this has been heated, pour it over the edge of your pan and then use a long lighter to flambe.
- You may then top your dish with scallions and sesame seeds if desired.